ABOUT THE COMPANY
The University of Leicester was founded in 1921 when it was known as Leicestershire and Rutland University College. The University is based in the city of Leicester, with the main campus based on the south side of the city centre.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The College of Science and Engineering at the University of Leicester in the United Kingdom are offering postgraduate scholarship opportunities to international students (including students from Nigeria).
Students applying for a non-lab-based course will receive scholarship cover at least 10% of their tuition fees. Students applying for a laboratory-based course may receive cover at least 28% of their tuition fees.
FIELDS OF STUDY COVERED
Science and Engineering fields:
- Computer Science
- Physics and Astronomy
Please ensure that you meet these minimum entry criteria before applying:
- Nigerian citizen/ permanent resident
- Must meet the English language requirements (please find more details at: https://le.ac.uk/student-life/international-students/english-language-requirements)
- Foundation: those who have completed High School in Nigeria, you must have completed your Foundation Year to be accepted into an undergraduate degree in the UK (for further info please visit: http://www.leicesterisc.com/?ch=uniweb)
- Undergraduate (Bachelors) degrees: those who are currently studying International Baccalaureate or A-levels can start the first year of a Bachelors degree, those who have completed their first year of a undergraduate degree at a Nigerian university could be eligible to start the first year of a Bachelors degree so long as they have completed relevant subjects (for further info please visit: http://le.ac.uk/courses?level=Undergraduate+Course)
- Postgraduate (Masters) degrees: those who are in possession of a Bachelors degree from Nigeria could be eligible to start a Masters degree (for further info please visit: http://le.ac.uk/courses?level=Postgraduate+Course)
- PhDs and other research degrees: those who have completed a Bachelors second class honours undergraduate degree at a Nigerian university in a related subject may be eligible so long as it is equal to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree, students must also be able to show practical knowledge of related research methodologies (for further info please visit: http://www2.le.ac.uk/study/research)
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet all the above minimum entry criteria, please email email@example.com and they will provide you with the relevant application forms and list of supporting documentation you need to submit.
For any queries, please contact:
For further information, please visit the following pages: